perl better than python for users with disabilities?

Wed Dec 20 17:03:26 EST 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 00:11:10 +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:

> Can I feel even better about using perl vs. python, as apparently
> python's dependence of formatting, indentation, etc. vs. perl's
> "(){};" etc. makes writing python programs perhaps very device
> dependent.

I can't think of what sort of computer device you are thinking of that
can't handle indented text. Wait -- my old HP-48C programmable calculator
perhaps?

As for perl and () {} etc, I would have thought that for anyone with poor
eyesight, or using a tiny screen, they would be difficult to tell apart.

> Whereas perl can be written on a tiny tiny screen, and can
> withstand all kinds of users with various disabilities, etc.?

"Withstand all kinds of users"? I can't imagine what you mean by that.

> Also perl is easier to squeeze into makefiles.

Perhaps you are right. In eight years of writing Python code, I've never
once needed to squeeze Python into a makefile, so I don't know how hard it
will be.

--
Steven.