perl better than python for users with disabilities?

johnzenger at gmail.com johnzenger at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 15:25:57 EST 2006

Blind programmers can use braille displays, which let them perceive
indentation as easily as sighted programmers can.  http://xrl.us/tydj

As for people with physical disabilities that have trouble typing, a
Python-aware editor does the identation for you, so all you have to do
is type a colon and an enter, then a backspace when you are done being
indented.

But it's an interesting question, and I'd like to hear from blind
programmers about how program language design can make their lives
easier or more difficult.