merits of Lisp vs Python

David Steuber david at david-steuber.com
Fri Dec 15 04:57:21 EST 2006

"Wolfram Fenske" <int2k at gmx.net> writes:

> Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:
>
> > "Wolfram Fenske" <int2k at gmx.net> writes:
> >> Yes, I wrote about it in another post.  It was introduced in Python
> >> 2.5. And if it hadn't been I'd still have to write code like this.
> >
> > You could do something with decorators that's not too bad.  You'd end
> > up writing:
> >
> >    @withConnection
> >    def some_func():
> >       do_whatever_stuff ()
>
> Yes, now I can.  But I had to wait until Python 2.4 to be able to
> that.  What I like so much about Lisp macros is that they allow me to
> make these changes myself.

Besides, who wants to write production code in a language that keeps
changing?  It's enough work just keeping up with new libraries.

--
This post uses 100% post consumer electrons and 100% virgin photons.

At 2.6 miles per minute, you don't really have time to get bored.
   --- Pete Roehling on rec.motorcycles

I bump into a lot of veteran riders in my travels.
  --- David Hough: Proficient Motorcycling