merits of Lisp vs Python

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Sun Dec 10 02:30:39 EST 2006

Ken Tilton wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>> Er, weren't you one of the people claiming that you don't notice parens
>> when you're reading or writing Lisp code?
>
> Steve, you seem to be doing everything you can to make what is basically
> a decent cultural exchange unpleasant...

He has a point. Lispers always say that you can't see the superfluous
parentheses after a month of staring at them, yet you must match them. I do
prefer autoindenting though. Giving whitespace meaning seems like a
second-rate alternative to me...

Objective CAML for Scientists
http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_for_scientists/index.html?usenet