merits of Lisp vs Python

Robert Uhl eadmund42 at NOSPAMgmail.com
Tue Dec 12 12:38:20 EST 2006

Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au> writes:

> It is a good thing that when Fred decides to stop contributing to an
> open source project (or leave the company), other people can read his code
> without having to learn his Uber-Special Custom Macro Extended
> Language.

And yet they have to learn his Uber-Special Custom Function Extended
Language.  If adding syntax is bad, surely adding functions is bad too.
And yet, I don't see very many people arguing for a return to
unstructured code.

In fact, the ability to add syntax is as important as the ability to add
functions; it's a second order of structure.

Face it--Bill Gates is a white Persian cat and a monocle away from
being a Bond villain.                              --Dennis Miller