Simplest way to do Python/Ajax with server and client on same machine?

Kenneth McDonald kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 19 23:22:43 EST 2006

I'm doing some work with a Python program that works hand-in-hand with
the DOM on a local client (processing DOM events, issuing DOM
modification commands, etc.) I'm currently using cherrypy as the Python
server for this communication, and simple AJAX on the client browser
end. This works just fine, I'm simply wondering if there is a better
(even easier) way to do this, if there are libraries I'm not aware of
that I should be, etc.

Thanks,
Ken