Window, Windows, Linux, client and server...

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Thu Dec 7 10:30:04 EST 2006

In article <mailman.1244.1165485476.32031.python-list at python.org>,
Gabriel Genellina  <gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
>At Thursday 7/12/2006 05:28, nelson - wrote:
>
>>   i'm trying to implement an appllication with this two requirements.
>>I have a server and some clients. I want to be able to launch an
>>application (openoffice impress, for example) and display what i'm
>>doing on the server on the client. Conversely, I want to be able to
>>have a picture of the desktop client. Is it a thing that i can do in
>>python? any advice? I googled but i can't find something too useful...
>>  II know i can use vnc, but i want a pure python solution... if it's
>>possibile... Doing it using VNC it seems not so "clear"... :)
>
>I'm not sure exactly what you want - but there are a couple of VNC
>clients written in Python, btw...
			.
			.
			.
Nelson, there is GREAT technology available in this area.  We don't
understand your description, though.  How, for example, does VNC fail
to meet your requirements?

When you write "a picture of the desktop client", do you have in mind
a snapshot, or a "movie"?  Do you want an image, or a "live" "mirror"?

When you write, "I have a server and some clients", are you talking
about specific applications that already exist?  Do you maintain them?
Are they coded in Python?

What you call "this two requirements" leaves much undetermined.  The
more precisely you describe your needs, the more likely someone will
be able to provide appropriate help.