twisted problem with reactor.stop()

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Sun Dec 3 06:32:25 EST 2006

maxime_phan at hotmail.com wrote:

> I use twisted 1.3 in my python application.

Isn't 1.3 heavily outdated? The most recent is 2.4.

> in my program, I have one server and on client running at same
> time (so 2 reactor.run(installSignalHandlers=0) ) the client run
> in one thread and the server in an other thread (

- Is it absolutely necessary to use two threads?
- Why do you need two reactors running? I'm not even sure if that's
  possible or why I would want to do this.

> when I catch "escape" button, I make a reactor.stop() but it
> doesn't seem to work and quit, and the application freeze. does
> anyone have any solution to quit the application with twisted?

So it seems you only stop one reactor of two. The other one would
have to be stopped, too, I think.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #112:

The monitor is plugged into the serial port