client/server design and advice

John Henry john106henry at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 1 13:37:39 EST 2006

TonyM wrote:
<snip>

> > Pyro rocks for that.
>
> Awesome, ill look into it in greater detail and will most likely use
> it.  Given what ive seen so far it looks like it will make the
> client/server interface fairly easy to write.

Correction:  not "fairly easy" - make that "incredibly easy".  Even
Micky likes it.  :=)

> Now...if only i could master python gui programming and development ;)
> I'm not entirely sure which gui lib im going to end up using, but as of
> now im leaning more towards tkinter as i know it will work where i need
> and it seems to be one of the more documented.  Ive looked at used
> wxpython a little but had trouble figure out a few minor things while
> playing around with it initially.  I've also thought about pygtk
> although I haven't taken the time to play with it quite yet as i
> assumed it was primarily for linux (id be running the majority of these
> on windows pcs).

You would short change yourself if you don't check out the other
packages such as Pythoncard, and Dabo.

The other thing I recommend for large scale applications:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-pythrd.html