Embedded python adding variables linking to C++-Variables / callbacks

gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Dec 7 07:04:07 EST 2006

iwl ha escrito:

> I would like to add Variables to my embedded python which represents
> variables from my
> C++-Programm.
> I found C-Api-funcs for adding my C-Funcs to python but none to add
> variables.
> I would like some C-Function is called when the added Python-varible is
> set (LValue) and
> some other when it is read (RValue). Can I do this.
> May be I have to do this in python and call the C-Funcs from a python
> callback.

Write some C functions -callable from Python- which will be used to get
and set the variable value.
>From inside Python, declare a property with getter and setter which
will call your C functions.
This works fine for object attributes. If you want to trap references
to local or global "variables", I think you could provide customized
dictionaries for locals and globals, but I'm not sure if it works
really.

--
Gabriel Genellina