Why not just show the out-of-range index?

Russ uymqlp502 at sneakemail.com
Mon Dec 4 04:04:44 EST 2006

Robert Kern wrote:

> Nothing is going to happen until you do one of these two things. Being more rude
> (and yes, you are being incredibly rude and insulting) won't move things along.

I re-read the thread, and I don't see anywhere where I was rude except
the other cheek" thing yet.

My suggestion that it would be much easier for the Python maintainers
than for me to implement the requested feature is just basic common
sense. I would have to spend many hours or days just to familiarize
myself with the code, but they are obviously already very familiar with
it. And they would probably have to spend nearly as much time checking
my patch as they would writing it themselves anyway.

By the way, your parenthical assertion that I am "being incredibly rude
and insulting" is itself an unwarranted and devious insult, and I will
not let you get away with it without being called on it. But I'm
willing to forget about it and move on, and I'll assume you are too.