optparser question

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 13:46:05 EST 2006

Michele Petrazzo wrote:
> Ok, I have not understand the "trickle" for transform the
> action="callback" and provide a callback to a new action.

Yeah, you're not the only one. ;-)

> I believe, however, that the doc has to be more explicit about this
> strange behavior, because a not so expert dev (like me :) ), can don't
> understand at the first time, it.

Yeah, it's pretty complicated. I didn't really understand it until I
wrote argparse_ to replace the optparse module. If you have a good idea
for how to improve the documentation, I'm sure the maintainers would be
grateful. You can post your suggestion here:

You don't need to know LaTeX or anything -- just a simple snippet of
text and where in the docs you think it should go is all they need.

.. _argparse: http://argparse.python-hosting.com/

STeVe