Which KDE IDE for Python?

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Mon Aug 14 06:11:29 EDT 2006

Bart Ogryczak napisał(a):

> Rigth now I'm using two IDEs for Python, KDevelop and Eric. Both have
> drawbacks. KDevelop is a multilanguage IDE, and doesn't really have
> anything special for Python. There's no Python debugger, no PyDOC
> integration, it's class browser doesn't display attributes. On the
> other side there's Eric, which is made just for Python. But.. it
> doesn't integrate with KDE, doesn't support remote files (fish://,
> ftp:// etc.). Does anyone know a better IDE for Python, that'll
> integrate nicely with KDE?

No, I don't know *the exactly one*. I used to use Eric3, but it was a
bit of overkill, as I never needed things like interactive debugger.
Kate is good editor with some basic IDE features (interactive console,
project management), but in no way it can be called an integrated
development, it's just advanced editor.

There are some good integrated environments focused on Python
development (Wing IDE, Komodo, PyDev for Eclipse), but none of them is
integrated with KDE, AFAIK.

As a side note, Eric3 has no KDE integration because it's pure PyQt
application.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/