Which KDE IDE for Python?

crystalattice crystalattice at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 03:21:53 EDT 2006

Bart Ogryczak wrote:
> Hi,
> Rigth now I'm using two IDEs for Python, KDevelop and Eric. Both have
> drawbacks. KDevelop is a multilanguage IDE, and doesn't really have
> anything special for Python. There's no Python debugger, no PyDOC
> integration, it's class browser doesn't display attributes. On the
> other side there's Eric, which is made just for Python. But.. it
> doesn't integrate with KDE, doesn't support remote files (fish://,
> ftp:// etc.). Does anyone know a better IDE for Python, that'll
> integrate nicely with KDE?

You might try SPE (http://stani.be/python/spe/blog/).  I don't know if
it integrates w/ KDE but it's expressly for Python.  From the site:

"Spe is a free python IDE with auto indentation & completion, call
tips, syntax coloring & highlighting, UML diagrams, class explorer,
source index, auto todo list, sticky notes, pycrust shell, file
browsers, drag&drop, context help, Blender support, ... Spe ships with
Python debugger (remote & encrypted), wxGlade (gui designer), PyChecker
(source code doctor) and Kiki (regex console)."