couple more questions about sqlite

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Sat Aug 19 03:06:50 EDT 2006

Robert Kern wrote:
> John Machin wrote:
> > John Salerno wrote:

> >> So does this mean that when 2.5 is released, all I need is the built-in
> >> module sqlite3?
> >
> > Plus the command-line utility, which AFAICT is not included with Python
> > 2.5.
>
> Why? The sqlite3 module links to the library; it doesn't need a separate
> executable. Or is that what you meant (since one generally never installs the
> library without also installing the executable, too)?

Hi, Robert,

Sorry if that and the earlier message were unclear. The Python module
does Python DPAPI without any help from the standalone executable.
AFAICT (so far) the standalone executable also links to the library; it
provides a command-line interface to most/all the underlying sqlite
functionality. This is my understanding, but as stated earlier, I
haven't been playing with it for long, and maybe the Python module goes
way beyond DBAPI and I haven't stumbled on the extra goodies yet.

Regards,
John