What do you want in a new web framework?

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 03:17:15 EDT 2006

> > > I have already suggested to the BDFL that he can remedy this situation
> > > in Py3k: all he has to do, of course, is to add a LOT more keywords.
> >
> > Here is another remedy: he adds one of the frameworks to the standard
> > library :)
>
> That didn't help Tk maintain a monopoly on Python GUI toolkits.

In fact, it almost seems like it is the opposite. There exist better
third party modules and packages of most functionality in the standard
library. The only examples I can think of that seem to have a
"monopoly" is subprocess, decimal, thread and pickle. Are there any
more? Maybe when ElementTree joins the stdlib it will also have a
monopoly on DOM parsers.

--
mvh Björn