OT: p-gal website

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Mon Aug 14 19:04:23 EDT 2006

Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> At Monday 14/8/2006 18:45, John Bokma wrote:
>
>> > Even Firefox developers will tell you to avoid this. Develop for
>> > standards compliant browsers (including Firefox) by testing against
>> > the standards. Neither your HTML or CSS pass validation, both due
>> > to minor, easy-to-fix issues.
>>
>>If you actually read those "standards" you will know that the
>>documents itself are called Recommendations or Working drafts. Why
>>someone recommends to follow documentation but isn't even able to name
>>them as they are named in the documentation itself is beyond me.
>
> Uh?????
> They are "true" and "real" international standards. Do you know what
> ISO is? HTML 4.01 is ISO/IEC 15445; see
> https://www.cs.tcd.ie/15445/15445.html

>From which I quote:
"The scope of this International Standard is a conforming application of
ISO 8879, SGML. This International Standard describes the way in which the
HTML language specified by the following clauses in the W3C
*Recommendation for HTML 4.01* shall be used, and does so by identifying
all the differences between the HTML language specified by the W3C
Recommendation for HTML 4.01 and the HTML language defined by this
International Standard:"

I do, you clearly don't. In short "HTML 4.01 is ISO/IEC 15445" is false
(read the link you just posted).

Moreover, most people talking about the "HTML standard" clearly are not
talking about ISO/IEC 15445. They talk about documents published by w3c.

--
John                               MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/
                           personal page:       http://johnbokma.com/