tkinter, livewires: slow moving on Canvas

Pavel Kosina geon at post.cz
Mon Aug 14 14:22:17 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have two similar programs-  one in Livewires and one in Tkinter. Just
moving the player on a canvas. Why is that one in Tkinter so slow? What
did I miss? Livewires is based on Tkinter, so it should be the same. I
looked at the code of Livewires, tried something, but no success. Maybe
its because of sleeping part in event handler in Tkinter, that is
somehow (how?) bypassed in Livewires by magic
tkinter.dooneevent(tkinter.DONT_WAIT). Neither this worked with me.

Could anyone help?
Both programs attached.

livewires: http://www.livewires.org.uk/python/lwpackage.html

--