Nested function scope problem

Gerhard Fiedler gelists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 14:15:05 EDT 2006

On 2006-08-09 07:54:22, Slawomir Nowaczyk wrote:

> It was never my goal to show that Python and C variables behave the
> same way or anything.
>
> So it seems like we misunderstood each others intents.

That seems to be the case :)

I never really meant to say that I think that Python does not have
variables. If anything, I meant that Bruno's explanation that they behave
fundamentally different from C variables (and that therefore it may be
confusing to call them both "variables") helped me to understand better
some of the differences. For me, that was mainly regarding the concepts of
immutability -- which is something that in this form doesn't exist in C.
(It can of course be implemented in C -- after all, I think original Python
is implemented in C.)

Gerhard