Nested function scope problem

Slawomir Nowaczyk slawomir.nowaczyk.847 at student.lu.se
Wed Aug 9 06:54:22 EDT 2006

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 11:37:46 -0300
Gerhard Fiedler <gelists at gmail.com> wrote:

#> On 2006-08-06 06:41:27, Slawomir Nowaczyk wrote:
#>
#> > Since Python doesn't (supposedly) have variables, it couldn't have come
#> > from Python.
#>
#> The idea (of this part of the thread) was to find the analogy between C
#> variables and Python variables, at least that's what you said a few
#> messages ago.

Yes. *I* believe Python has variables. I was under an impression that
you do not. But I do not believe there is any "identity of a variable"
which corresponds to "id()". Still, you used such term -- repeatedly.

I do not know what do you mean by it.

#> You claimed that there exists such an analogy between C variables
#> and Python variables.

Yes.

#> (We never disputed the existence of Python variables; not sure why
#> you come up with that now. That was so far back in this thread.)

Well, I *only* came out with C/Python analogy in order to show that it
actually *does* make sense to talk about variables in Python -- since
some people claimed Python variables are a completely different kind
of beast than C variables, thus we should not be using the same name.

It was never my goal to show that Python and C variables behave the
same way or anything.

So it seems like we misunderstood each others intents.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

I don't care if I AM a lemming. I'm NOT going!