Truly platform-independent DB access in Python?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon Aug 28 20:19:09 EDT 2006

"Boris Duek" <boris.dusek at gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, you excactly got my point. The thing is that I can't rely on
> Python 2.5 to be installed soon.
> So the only solution for me at this moment is to use jython and from
> there use Java JDBC API (sorry :-)

Assuming Java is installed on an arbitrary machine seems to be exactly
the sort of assumption you said you *don't* want to make.

How about this: Please lay out the assumptions you *are* willing to
make about the target platform, and what you want to do on that
platform.

--
 \       "My classmates would copulate with anything that moved, but I |
  `\            never saw any reason to limit myself."  -- Emo Philips |