hide python code !

Bruno Desthuilliers onurb at xiludom.gro
Fri Aug 11 04:33:35 EDT 2006

Bayazee wrote:
> hi
> can we hide a python code ?
> if i want to write a commercial software can i hide my source code from
> users access ?
> we can conver it to pyc but this file can decompiled ... so ...!!

It's just the same with java byte-code or machine code. FWIW, I had a
cracked (and localised) copy of Steinberg's Cubase midi sequencer v1.1
*before* v1.0 was publicly available in France... And believe me, they
had made their best to protect the software (dongle etc...).

The only secure way to protect "critical" code is to not distribute it -
make it run on your own server, and require the application to access
the server.