wxPython Grid Question

jean-michel bain-cornu pythonnews at nospam.jmbc.fr
Thu Aug 17 01:42:09 EDT 2006

Hi,
Jordan a écrit :
> Hey Peoples,
> I'm wonderg if there is a way to make a subclass of wx.grid.Grid in
> which the coloumn labels for the grid appear on the bottom of the grid
> instead of the top.
>
>   1  2  3  4  5
> a|  |   |   |   |   |
> b|  |   |   |   |   |
> c|  |   |   |   |   |
> d|  |   |   |   |   |
> e|  |   |   |   |   |
>
> Just in case that wasn't clear (and because I just feel like typing
> more): The above grid has labels in the normal placement.  The grid
> below has the labels in the places I want them.
>
> a|  |   |   |   |   |
> b|  |   |   |   |   |
> c|  |   |   |   |   |
> d|  |   |   |   |   |
>   1  2  3  4  5

I don't know a regular way to do that, and may be it's not the right
place to ask that, but what you'd do is to build two grids with the same
layout, one at the top without the column label, and another below
without data lines.
It could work, but looks strange, and is probably a source of confusion
for users.
rgds,
jm