wxPython Grid Question

ajaksu ajaksu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 09:41:47 EDT 2006

Jordan wrote:
> Hey Peoples,
> I'm wonderg if there is a way to make a subclass of wx.grid.Grid in
> which the coloumn labels for the grid appear on the bottom of the grid
> instead of the top.

Hi Jordan :)

Not quite what you want, but I'm about to try faking labels in a grid.
The reason is that I want more control regarding rendering the labels
(using simple checkboxes and other features). So I'll try to get the
first row to display as "headers". If that works, would it help you?
And would you append rows frequently?

Just FWIW, I recall reading that a grid is composed of some base
elements (scrolled window and something else), so you might try to
follow that lead. But jean-michel has two good points: it could be
easier to use 2 grids and http://wxpython.org/maillist.php would give
you better answers :)

Cheers,
Daniel