How ahead are you guys in the (Python) real world?

Wed Aug 30 09:48:39 EDT 2006

Ray wrote:

> However I wonder, how fast are you guys moving from version to version
> at work?

Interesting question. Just as a curious follow-up (not being someone who
works in the programming world), why does it take so long to move to the
latest version, especially when there aren't (I don't think) any changes
that would break existing code, such as moving to Python 2.4 from 2.2 or
2.3?

Thanks.