Mega Newbie Questions: Probably FAQs

AlbaClause you at cogeco.ca
Mon Aug 14 23:52:24 EDT 2006

Zeph wrote:

> ajaksu wrote:

> I do intend to start small and build up, but I want to front load my
> learning curve, usually makes the other side of the curve more productive.

Did you ever play on teeter-totters when you were a kid?   I think that's
what they're called.   Those board like things that are balanced in the
middle, one kid on each end, and as one kid goes up, the other kid goes
down.

Anyway, when I was a kid there was some teeter-totters in the yard at a
nearby apartment complex, and there were some teeter-totters in the park
behind my house.   If you spend much time on these contraptions, you soon
realize that simply going up and down is not very much fun.   We'd often
carry on in our activity as it was supposed to be, but, invariably, one of
us would be sitting on the low end and looking up at our playmate.   With
an almost devilish grin, we'd hop off the teeter totter and send our good
buddy crashing to the ground.  Such wonderful childhood fun.

Another activity that my brother and I took part in was shoplifting.   We
devised a clever way of hording candy from the checkout aisles at a local
grocery store.   What we'd do, is climb in under the conveyor belt cabinet
and reach out and bring entire boxes of candy bars, etcetera in under the
conveyor belt where we'd sit and eat away at our leisure.  We never ever
got caught, and we went through probably hundreds of dollars worth of
candy.  But we got greedy!

Hope this helps rather than confuses you.

There are several things that I will never be:
  *  I will never be attracted to females.
  *  I will never enjoy the company of others.
Exactly how these realities bode for my enemy, is not of my concern.