Pros/Cons of Turbogears/Rails?

Andre Meyer meyer at acm.org
Mon Aug 28 03:56:58 EDT 2006

Hi all

It might be interesting to watch the videos about Django and Rails (
http://www.djangoproject.com/snakesandrubies/). Django makes a good
impression, although I would not agree with all of their arguments (eg.
templating language, ajax). Most striking, though, is the difference in
attitude! While Django grew out of a production environment and solves real
problems very elegantly, Rails comes "out of beauty", whatever that means.
Is Ruby code more beautiful than Python - don't think so.

Nevertheless, I agree with original statement that we Python guys need to
look very closely at Ruby and why they are able to catch so much attention.
There are good things in the language and Python marketing could certainly
be improved. The new web site and logo are good steps in the right
direction. Now for free t-shirts to create pervasive awareness? ;-)

regards
Andre