Read Picasa metadata using Python?

jay graves jaywgraves at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 10:28:49 EDT 2006

Thomas W wrote:
> Anyway, if there are any other app allready reading Picasa metadata
> with Flickr-support that you know of that would save me alot of
> work/hassle. Still, Picasa is great, but I would really like access to
> my own metadata outside Picasa and I want to use python to do it.

I've looked at this in the past but I never got further than the
exploration stage.
I'm not at my home machine so this is from memory.
I found all of the data in XML format in the Application Data folder in
your personal directory.
(i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\jgraves\Application Data\Google\Picasa
(probably not exactly right))

Also there is a Google Groups for Picasa and it might have some
pointers in the archives.
http://groups.google.com/group/Picasa?lnk=gschg&hl=en

Have fun!

Jay Graves