How to avoid a warning message box when sending email via Outlook

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Aug 31 11:20:26 EDT 2006

On 2006-08-31, Tim Golden <tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk> wrote:
> [Dermot Doran]
>
>| I'm very new to using win32com!  I just want to send an email
>| message via Outlook.  However, I keep getting an annoying
>| message box (generated by Outlook) indicating that my program
>| could be a virus.  Does anybody know how to get around this?
>
> As far as I've ever been able to tell, you're stuck with it.

There is a DLL you can use to call Outlook to avoid that.

  http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/

It wraps the Outlook COM objects and accesses them in a way
that doesn't trigger the warning.  [The security BS is bypassed
if you call DLL entries directly from C/C++ instead of via the
COM interface.]

> Obviously, in a sense, since otherwise any would-be virus /
> zombie program would simply turn the option off before using
> Outlook to send out its emails!

Like most of Microsoft's "security" features, it provides zero
real protection and a lot of real annoyance.  Anybody who
really wants to can bypass it.

        "Where do you want to be frustrated today?"

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Today, THREE WINOS
                                  at               from DETROIT sold me a