Truly platform-independent DB access in Python?

Boris Dušek boris.dusek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 11:25:05 EDT 2006

Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
> bobrik wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using the Python DB API for access to MySQL. But it is not
> > platform-independent
>
> It is. You don't have to change your Python code according to the OS or
> CPU.

What I mean is that wiht platform-independent access, I should be able
to not care on which operating system is the web server accessing my
scripts where I use MySQLdb which I have to install (and therfore
platform-dependently) compile myself. The important point is that
MySQLdb is installed as an extra module. So you have to compile it
manually, but what if the OS with server accessing the site that is on
shared area changes?