What do you want in a new web framework?

ajaksu ajaksu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 12:50:50 EDT 2006

Hello Emrah :)
I'd love to have a good framework with focus on static-content.
Something simple and useful like rest2web
(http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/rest2web/) that could parse some of
the many templates available and output nice (X)HTML+CSS. Bundle a
simple GUI and you have something very interesting.

hardemr wrote:
Maybe, it's a mix of web frameworks.  I want to
> use dojo toolkit for javascript in my framework, and make a gui
> designer like Visual Studio and Sun Creator, etc...
How about skipping the framework and focusing on dojo + GUI? Choose a
target (templating + framework, or a couple of targets), build a Visual
Studio for AJAX and you'll be a hero. Hack wxScintilla and build
something with good template highlighting and WYSIWYG-ish preview  and
you'll be very famous. Build a great framework and yours will be one of
the many ;)

Wishing you good luck,
Daniel