Modules... paths... newbie confusion

MrBlueSky penneys at bigfoot.com
Tue Aug 22 03:23:10 EDT 2006

Thanks for the suggestions, folks..

site-packages
~~~~~~~~~~
OK, I'm been trying to get MSSQL into c:\Python24\lib\site-packages.
MSSQL comes (as a tar'd, zip'd file) with a folder hierarchy with
MSSQL.py at the top level and then bin\python2.3\mssqldb.pyd.   If I
try and copy this folder hierarchy into site-packages and "import
MSSQL" then it recognises MSSQL.py but fails to import mssqldb, as
that's imported from MSSQL.py.

I've noticed a setup.py in the MSSQL folder, but it looks like it has
odd hard-coded paths in it (D:\...) and anyway when I tried to run it,
I found the Usage message less than helpful!

I really apologise if this is Bleeding Obvious to everyone else - is
there a web page that will explain all this so the lightbulb will go on
over my head?!

John