Segmentation Fault

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Aug 28 04:41:37 EDT 2006

pycraze wrote:
> I would like to ask a question. How do one handle the exception due to
> Segmentation fault due to Python ?  Our bit operations and arithmetic
> manipulations are written in C and to some of our testcases we
> experiance Segmentation fault from the python libraries.
>
> If i know how to handle the exception for Segmentation fault , it will
> help me complete the run on any testcase , even if i experiance Seg
> Fault due to any one or many functions in my testcase.

You will observe, if you look at the list of Python exceptions, that a
segfault isn't among them. A segfault is a trap to the hardware, and
generally indicates that a program is so badly hosed that it wouldn't
make much sense to rely on any further computation in it.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119