How ahead are you guys in the (Python) real world?

nnorwitz at gmail.com nnorwitz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 23:43:30 EDT 2006

Ray wrote:

> Is it the same in the Python world? What version of Python is used in,
> say, Google? Is it even 2.4 yet?

Google uses many versions of Python including 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4.  Though
2.4 is relatively new.  I hope to start introducing Python 2.5 sometime
next year.  Mid-year is about as early as it could possibly happen, and
is likely to be much later.  We need to kill off older versions (2.2
and 2.3) first.

Mostly it depends on the size of the company/source code
base/installations.  The smaller these are, the easier it is (should
be) to move to a new version.