python-dev and setting up setting up f2py on Windows XP

Sile sile_brennan at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 16 12:04:30 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've been trying to get f2py working on Windows XP, I am using Python
2.3. I'm new to python so I'm not too sure what I'm doing yet. I need
the python-dev package to run f2py. I have been told this is just the
header files and .dll and I need to put them somewhere my C compiler
can find them. I've searched the web and none of the python-dev
packages I've found are for windows. I was wondering is this
automatically part of the windows version and if so how I set it up so
my C compiler can find them. If it is not part of the standard package
does anyone know where I can find it???

Any help at all would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Sile