Pros/Cons of Turbogears/Rails?

Christophe chris.cavalaria at free.fr
Tue Aug 29 05:36:39 EDT 2006

Paul Boddie a écrit :
> [comp.lang.ruby snipped]
>
> Ray wrote:
>> I've met a number of
>> people who've told me they'd program in Eiffel if they could. And hey,
>> perhaps in its day Eiffel *was* the best OO language out there.
>> Certainly it looked cleaner than C++! :)
>
> So why don't they? Management pressure? Why don't people write more
> Python in their day job? Any suggestions?

Probably because of the extreme Bondange And Disciplineness of Eiffel,
the incredible cost of each user license, lack of generic programing (
you know, the thing easy to do in Python/Ruby but requires templates in
C++ ) and the complete lack of a correct debugger.

By now, it seems that some of those problems have been fixed in various
ways but we now have even better : incompatible implementations of the
language!

Eiffel is for all purposes a niche language only used by some fanatics
here and there :)