Pros/Cons of Turbogears/Rails?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Aug 27 16:55:18 EDT 2006

kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net wrote:

> + Built-in Rubydoc system would make documenting the
> system easier. (IMHO, developers almost always
> underestimate the need for good documentation that
> is written along withe the system.) Is there a
> Python doc system that has received Guido's blessing
> yet?

afaik, TurboGears has standardized on PythonDoc markup in docstrings:

     http://effbot.org/zone/pythondoc.htm

> P.S. If I wanted to provide an image by streaming the
> file data directly over the connection, rather than by
> referring to an image file, how would I do that? I'd
> like to build code that would allow images to be assembled
> into a single-file photo album (zip or bsddb file), and
> so can't refer to them as individual image files.

some browsers support special data URL:s for images, but that doesn't
work well for large images, and isn't portable.  on the other hand, I
don't really see why there has to be 1:1 mapping between URL:s and image
files on your machine, especially if you're using a web application
framework...

</F>