OT: p-gal website

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Thu Aug 17 13:47:57 EDT 2006

"ajaksu" <ajaksu at gmail.com> wrote:

> And to answer your question, I recommend to follow standards because
> that's how I call the mixed bag of Recommendations, some of which are
> also Specifications, allowing for the inclusion of both significant
> Standards and standards. I guess I must've been bitten by the buzzword
> bug, sorry it that offends you. But I'm not the only one (TM).

True, but if one follows a document, shouldn't one name it according to
how it's named in the document itself? To me, the answer is yes.
Especially if people start to claim that "ISO HTML" and HTML 4.01 are
identical standards.

A lot of people call Python, Perl, etc. *just* scripting languages, not
real programming languages (whatever that may be). Should we join their
ranks or educate?

--
John                               MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/
                           personal page:       http://johnbokma.com/