what has python added to programming languages? (lets be esoteric, shall we ;)

Wildemar Wildenburger wildemar at freakmail.de
Fri Apr 21 08:57:46 EDT 2006

Over the time I've seen lots of remarks about python that read like "a
lot like lists in lisp" or "like the hashtable in java" or any other
form of "like <feature> in <language>".

Are there any concepts that python has not borrowed, concepts that were
not even inspired by other languages? I'm just interested if it is
"merely" a best-of collection of language features or if there are
actually inventions that have not - or hardly - existed in programming
before python?

wildemar