how to comment lot of lines in python

Rick Zantow rzantow at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 08:07:02 EDT 2006

Kent Johnson <kent at kentsjohnson.com> wrote in news:44310867$1_1
@newspeer2.tds.net:

> Sion Arrowsmith wrote:
>> Eric Deveaud  <edeveaud at pasteur.fr> wrote:
>>> some moderns editors allow you to comment/uncomment  a selected Bunch
>>> of lines of code
>>
>> Out of curiousity, is there a modern editor which *doesn't* allow you
>> to comment/uncomment a selected bunch of lines of code?
>>
> TextPad is my editor of choice but it doesn't have this feature.

I use TextPad all the time, and while it is true that the feature is not
built in, it's misleading to say it doesn't have it. It is implemented by
means of a macro definition. I assign a key to a 'comment' macro (basically
replacing regex ^ with '# ' for the selected text) to do this. And of
course I have a reciprocal 'uncomment' macro as well.

--
rzed