how to comment lot of lines in python

Frank Millman frank at chagford.com
Mon Apr 3 08:38:48 EDT 2006

Kent Johnson wrote:
> Sion Arrowsmith wrote:
> > Eric Deveaud  <edeveaud at pasteur.fr> wrote:
> >> some moderns editors allow you to comment/uncomment  a selected Bunch
> >> of lines of code
> >
> > Out of curiousity, is there a modern editor which *doesn't* allow you
> > to comment/uncomment a selected bunch of lines of code?
> >
> TextPad is my editor of choice but it doesn't have this feature.
>
> Kent

I also use TextPad - 4.7.3. I have never thought to comment a block of
code, but this thread prompted me to see if it is possible. As far as I
can see, you can do it like this -

Menu > Configure > Block Select Mode - Ctrl+Q,B

Select a block, one column wide, using mouse or keyboard.

Menu > Edit > Fill Block (brings up dialog box)
    Fill character:   #
    Format:          Left align
    Fill mode:       Replace
    OK

Done.

To uncomment, as above but set Fill character to a space.

It feels a bit fiddly, but I reckon if you use it a few times it will
become quite smooth.

Frank Millman