[OT] jEdit [was: Re: Why new Python 2.5 feature "class C()" return old-style class ?]

Wildemar Wildenburger wildemar at freakmail.de
Wed Apr 19 09:44:17 EDT 2006

Ant wrote:
> (OT) I don't have the same issue with Syntax highlighting, and I use
> jEdit as my main Python editor (Though some of the dedicated Python
> IDE's have some nice refactoring/code completion stuff, none has the
> raw editing power of jEdit).

Could be I got a customized python.xml file when I started ... maybe
I'll have a look.

> I'm using jEdit 4.3 pre3 - though I don't recall any problems with 4.2
> (and it was only a week ago I changed).
I'm cautious on the pre's ... how much of an improvement is it (feature-
and otherwise)?

> The Jython plugin enables
> Structure browsing if you haven't already got it installed
Really? I got it with the JPyDebug ... but perhaps that includes Jython.
I'll be looking into Jython soon, as I could use a plugin (for AGAST)
and I'm not learning Java just for that!

wildemar