multiline comments

OKB (not okblacke) brenNOSPAMbarn at NObrenSPAMbarn.net
Thu Apr 20 03:38:57 EDT 2006

Ben Finney wrote:

> Indeed. Using revision control means never needing to comment out
> blocks of code.
>
> If your revision control system is so inconvenient to use that you'd
> rather have large blocks of commented-out code, it's time to start
> using a better RCS -- perhaps a distributed one, so you can commit to
> your own local repository with abandon while trying out changes.

    	I don't buy this kind of argument.  It seems strange to say that
the language is designed a certain way because users are expected to use
certain kinds of third-party tools to manage their code.  What if I'm
just putting together a little script to do something and I don't want
to mess with a revision control system?

--
--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell