Python Module for Determining CPU Freq. and Memory?

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 03:32:14 EDT 2006

[efrat]

|    I'd like to determine at runtime the computer's CPU frequency and
| memory.
|
| (Please note: I'm interested in hardware stuff, like how much
| memory the
| machine has; not how much free memory is available.)

I don't know if there's a cross-platform solution for this.
For Windows, you could use WMI. Something like this:

<code>
import wmi

c = wmi.WMI ()
for i in c.Win32_ComputerSystem ():
  print i.TotalPhysicalMemory

for i in c.Win32_Processor ():
  print i.DeviceID, i.MaxClockSpeed, "MHz"

</code>

You can get the wmi module from:
http://timgolden.me.uk/python/wmi.html

TJG