COM Server & wxPython

Dave Mandelin mandelin at cs.berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 3 16:41:40 EDT 2006

nelson wrote:
> Hi all,
>  i'm doing a COM server that have to expose some graphics (panels and
> configuration controls), that would be embedded in an application through
> OLE. I was wondering if I can do this using wxPython. Another question is
> if my COM server would inherits from one of the wxPython class. If it's
> true, from which? wx.App, wx.Frame, wx.Panel.
>
> The important thing is that i would to have the same effect that you have
> when you the calendar OLE control on a Delphi or VB form (you see the
> graphics ;) )
>
> thanks,
>   nelson

I found a mailing list message in which one person got errors trying to
make a wx.Frame into a COM server, and someone else claimed to have
made a wx app into a COM server (and unfortunately that project seems
to have disappeared):

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2002-May/000349.html

If inheriting from a wxPython class doesn't work, maybe you can create
a COM server wrapper for the wxPython class.

--
Want to play tabletop RPGs online?
    Check out RPZen:              http://koboldsoft.com