Python editing with emacs/wordstar key bindings.

Thomas Bartkus thomasbartkus at comcast.net
Tue Apr 11 16:41:47 EDT 2006

Does anyone use emacs together with both WordStar key bindings and python
mode?  I'm afraid that Wordstar editing key commands are burned R/O into my
knuckles!

I would like to play with emacs for Python editing but I'm having (2)
problems.

   1) When I load a .py file, emacs automatically overrides my wordstar-mode
with python-mode, forcing all the keybindings back to emacs native keys.
Why?

Why should a python-mode care what key bindings are in use?

   2) We get <tab> for block indentation instead of the spaces I prefer.

Is there a better python-mode script I should be using other than the
default that came with emacs?

Any tips/hints appreciated.
Thomas Bartkus