Ironpython book?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 10:54:06 EDT 2006

BartlebyScrivener <rpdooling at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> If you are interested in a pure managed-code
> >>  implementation of the Python language,
> >> you should check out the IronPython project
>
> There's the rub. I don't know what "pure managed-code" means. But I'll

You can find much material about that on the net, e.g.
<http://blogs.msdn.com/brada/archive/2004/01/09/48925.aspx> is the top
Google hit for [managed code].

> definitely look into CPython.

That's a good choice: it's surely more mature than IronPython. But the
latter, with Jim Hugunin at the helm, must not be discounted either: as
it and Mono mature further, IronPython has the potential of becoming a
favorite choice.

Alex