Ironpython book?

Taylor Boon tboon at comcast.net
Wed Apr 19 21:35:18 EDT 2006

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.4755.1145460202.27775.python-list at python.org...
> Alex Martelli wrote:
>
>> > Just out of curiosity, is Python.NET a dead project?
>>
>> AFAIK, it's a long-completed research project. I do not know of anybody
>> planning to fork it to a new project, though that of course does not
>> rule out that somebody might be planning to do so.
>
> brian's latest development blog entry is from april 13th, this year.
>
>    http://brianlloyd.blogspot.com/
>
>    "I'm happy to say its been a pretty busy month in Python
>    for .NET-land"
>
> </F>

Project page is at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pythonnet

Brian and co. are in the process of putting together a 2.0 release that will
work with .NET 2.0. Works with mono too, for all those "decent hacker" types
out there...

BTW, IronPython compiles Python code into CLR byte codes; Python.NET allows
CPython code to call into managed code libraries and services.

Cheers,
Taylor