MS VC++ Toolkit 2003, where?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 22:05:42 EDT 2006

Ron Adam <rrr at ronadam.com> wrote:
> I still get the following with the tinyurl link:
>
> ~~~
> The download you requested is unavailable. If you continue to see this
> message when trying to access this download, go to the "Search for a
> Download" area on the Download Center home page.
> ~~~
>

> Pasting the above tinyurl into firefox results in the following link.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=272BE09D-40BB-4&d
> isplaylang=en
>
> Which appears to still be truncated. :-/

True, but here's the kicker: using the full URL, which I just dblchecked
from Rushby's original message as being (enclosing in <...>)...:

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=272BE09D-40BB-
49FD-9CB0-4BFA122FA91B&displaylang=en>

NOW gives me the same error page too.  When Rushby suggested it
yesterday I immediately used it, and it allowed me to download the
Toolkit 2003 just fine -- so, I guess Microsoft must have killed that
possibility shortly thereafter (who said they can't move fast?-).

As of now, I don't know any more of a URL that's usable to download
this, therefore:-(

Alex