New Karrigel page in Wikipedia

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Thu Apr 13 11:57:06 EDT 2006

Pierre Quentel schreef:
> No, in the document root you create a folder "app1" and put all the
> files for the first application in it, and a folder "app2" for the
> second application
>
> For http://foo.example.com/app1 the server will search for an index
> file in this directory and serve it. You can also specify the script
> you want : http://foo.example.com/app1/default.py. Same thing for app2
> of course. Absolutely no need to start two instances of the server on
> different ports

I understand that, but I'd like to keep the current situation unchanged
as much as possible. Currently I have an Apache webserver that serves
some static content plus some dynamic stuff, with a directory structure
somewhat like

/var/www/index.html
/var/www/internal
/var/www/phpmyadmin
/var/www/webmail

etc. (/var/www is Apache's DocumentRoot, obviously). Also I regularly
have some stuff in my homedir

/home/<user>/public_html/foo
/home/<user>/public_html/bar

to play with stuff.

So, I can't run Karrigell on port 80, since that's already in use by
Apache. So I need to run Karrigell on another port, and somehow instruct
Apache to forward some URL's to Karrigell on handle some URL's itself.

For example, suppose I create

/var/www/karrigell1
/var/www/karrigell2

How do I configure everything so that they are accessible via

http://hostname/karrigell1
http://hostname/karrigell2

Roel Schroeven